There is one important rule you need to remember as you join the conversation at The Cozy Shelf: Be Kind.
We all have different points of view and you never know what people have going on in their lives. You do not have the right to bash, demean, or otherwise harm that person with your words just because you don’t agree with them.
People are here to talk about books. If you cause anyone distress with your words it’s extremely likely that your comment will be removed. If you continue this behavior, you will be banned from commenting on any material at The Cozy Shelf.
As the owner of this site, I get an email notification every time there’s a new comment posted on the site. What does that mean for you? If you break any of the rules I’m going to know about it and you can’t hide from me.
Here are the expectations that our community has for you.
- Any comments that include profanity, personal attacks, self-promotion, rude jokes, name calling, etc. will be removed.
- Do not post a link to your website, product, blog, social media, etc. The comment will be removed.
- If you are just trolling and all you do is complain, your comment will be removed. If you continue to be a troll you will get banned.
- Try to keep your comment relevant to the post material. Comments that are way out in left field will be removed.
- Don’t threaten others. You will be banned on your first offense.
- Don’t post any personal information that can be used to identify you. I really care about your safety.
Be kind. Be helpful. Or be gone.
Useful suggestions and constructive criticism are always helpful.
I love to see you contribute to the diversity that takes place here. I want The Cozy Shelf to be a safe place for everyone. I hold myself fully responsible for the atmosphere here. I only ask that you do the same.